Complete Mr Jasper Tsang’s detective story to win a trip to Oxford!
|Eligibility:||All local junior secondary school students (S1 to S3) in Hong Kong|
|Submission period:||7 October 2016 (Friday)–13 January 2017 (Friday)|
|Word limit:||Up to 600 words (excluding Mr Jasper Tsang’s story opening)|
Awards and prizes
|Champion||UK study tour in summer 2017 (flight ticket included)|
|First Runner-up||HK$1,000 book coupon|
|Second Runner-up||HK$800 book coupon|
|Eight Merit Awards||HK$500 book coupon|
- Most Active Participation Award for the school with the highest number of entries
- Private dinner with Mr Jasper Tsang in April 2017 for winners
- Free Intermediate iWriter CD-ROM from the Oxford Intermediate Learner’s English-Chinese Dictionary (5th Edition) for the first 200 participants
- Certificate of participation for all participants
- Competitors should fill in the application form and complete the story in the space provided.
- All entries should be saved in MS Word or PDF format. Single-line spacing with 12-point Times New Roman font should be used.
- Please ensure that the file name includes your full name (e.g. ‘OEWC-form-CHAN-TAI-MAN’).
All entries should be sent by email to email@example.com, with the subject ‘OEWC (your full name and school name)’.
|Creativity and imagination||20%|
|Tone and style||20%|
Announcement of results
Congratulations, winners! See the winning entries below to solve the mystery of Whodunnit!
|Champion||Chee Valerie Cheuk Nam||Maryknoll Convent School
|1st runner up||Lam Hiu Yau||Ying Wa Girls’ School||Competition entry|
|2nd runner up||Lam Wing Yi||St. Mark’s School||Competition entry|
|1||Chan Daniel Lian||Diocesan Boys’ School|
|2||Ho To Kwong||St. Paul’s College|
|3||Prudy Chung||Evangel College|
|4||Chan Nok Hang||Kiangsu-Chekiang College (Shatin)|
|5||Yung Mike Hong||Ching Chung Hau Po Woon Secondary School|
|6||Woo Hoi Tung Natalie||Diocesan Girls’ School|
|7||Tsang Wing Tung||Christian Alliance SC Chan Memorial College|
|8||Leung Cheuk Yan||Sacred Heart Canossian College|
Most Active Participation Award
|SKH Tsang Shiu Tim School|
Co-authored work, previously published work or work submitted to any other competitions will not be accepted.
Submissions will not be returned and the copyright of all entries shall be vested in the organizer.
In case of dispute, the organizer’s interpretation and decision shall be final.
For enquiries, please call 2615 5870.
Unlocking the secrets of learning English - Education Post, South China Morning Post
「帶違禁品回校遇上搜書包...」曾鈺成出題 初中生創作 - TOPick HKet.com
曾鈺成到訪男拔 暢談學英語奧秘 - Sing Tao Daily