Thanks for supporting our event. The application has been closed.
- To promote the adoption of e-learning through best practice sharing.
- To build a supporting network to share e-learning teaching strategies among schools.
English teachers who are using any type of e-learning technology for teaching in local primary schools.
|Submission period||10 December 2016
to 17 April 2017
(submission deadline extension)
|Announcement of the final result||19 May 2017|
|Award presentation ceremony||June 2017|
Awards and prizes
Champion: A UK exchange tour in summer 2017 (flight tickets included)
First runner-up: HK$3,000 book coupon
Second runner-up: HK$2,000 book coupon
Three Excellence in Online Teaching Awards*: HK$2,000 book coupon
*To be eligible for this award, teachers should devise an activity for which each student will be using a tablet in the lesson.
- Most Active Participation Award for the school with the highest number of entries
- Certificate of participation for all participants
|Champion||Law Mei Tung Lilian||Yaumati Catholic Primary School (Hoi Wang Road)|
|First runner-up||Chung Wing Yi||Fanling Public School|
|Second runner-up||Law Wai Chung||Sacred Heart Canossian School|
|Second runner-up||Lam Ka Wai||Fung Kai No.1 Primary School|
Excellence in Online Teaching Awards
|Cheung Ka Ying Vivian||Lok Sin Tong Leung Kau Kui Primary School|
|Liu Cheung Lok Ray||SKH St. Andrews Primary School|
|Yau Wan Ting Kama||Fanling Public School|
Most Active Participation Award
Lok Sin Tong Primary School
Judging panel (for Primary English Stream)
|Dr Paul Sze, Professional Consultant (Honorary), Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Faculty of Education, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
|Dr Wilton Fok, Director of e-Learning Development Laboratory, Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, The University of Hong Kong
|Mr She Mang, Former Chief Curriculum Officer (IT in Education), Education Bureau
|Ms Clairine Chan, Teaching Fellow, Department of English Language Education, The Education University of Hong Kong|
- Participants should fill in the application form below and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each participating primary English language teacher should fill in an application form and write about 300–1000 words to describe how to use e-learning in his/her class or in the school to foster self-directed learning and maximize learning outcomes. The proposed activity can be carried out in class or outside classroom. The application form can be downloaded from here.
- It is optional to support the article with a video in mp4 format or other multimedia materials. The video should be less than 10 minutes, uploaded to any video sharing platform. The hyperlink to such video can be put into the application form.
- Content (30%)
- Feasibility (30%)
- Innovation (30%)
- Continuity (10%)