All local primary school students
Submission period (Deadline extended)
11 October 2017 (Wednesday) to 15 November 2017 (Wednesday)
Results announcement date
6 December 2017
(P1 to P3 students)
(P4 to P6 students)
|Topic||Spending a day with Santa Claus||An interview with Santa Claus|
|Word limit||50-120 words||120-250 words|
|Dr Paul Sze
Professional Consultant (Honorary) Department of Curriculum and Instruction, Faculty of Education, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
|Mr John Tsang
GBM, JP, former Financial Secretary of HKSAR
|Mrs Julia Wan
Consultant, Creative English Teaching,
Part-time Lecturer, Department of English Language & Literature, Hong Kong Baptist University
Awards and prizes
(applicable to both lower and upper primary categories)
|Champion||HK$1,000 book coupon|
|First Runner-up||HK $800 book coupon|
|Second Runner-up||HK $500 book coupon|
|Eight Merit Awards||HK $300 book coupon|
|Most Creative Writing Award||HK $500 book coupon|
* The school with the highest number of entries will be given the Most Active Participation Award and the award presentation ceremony will be hosted at this school.
* All winners will be invited to the award presentation cum meeting Santa Claus party.
* All participants will receive a certificate of participation.
• All competition entries will only be accepted through school teachers. Individual submissions will not be accepted.
• Competitors should fill in the application form and write the story in the space provided. Click here to download application form and the story here:
For upper primary
• Both scanned copy and hard copy of the entry are acceptable.
• Competitors can either submit their entries by email to email@example.com or by mail on or before 8 November 2017 (Wednesday).
Oxford University Press (China) Ltd.
39th Floor, One Kowloon,
1 Wang Yuen Street,
Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong
|Tone and style||10%|
Date: 16 December 2017 (Saturday)
Time and Venue will be announced in due course.