|Use OALECD to understand what words mean, learn how to say them, and know how to use them.
- 1,000+ extra entries that are exclusively available in the app but not the print dictionary (app drawer, geotag, homeshoring, tiger mother, vlog, YOLO ...)
- 185,000 words, phrases and meanings, with over 6,000 new words, new meanings and revisions (helicopter parent, gamification, micropayment, mouthfeel, filibuster ...)
- Lots of useful example sentences
- Real-voice audio for words and examples, British and American English both supported
- Topic-based, coloured illustrations
- Usage notes to show how words are used, e.g. Language Bank, Which Word?, Grammar Point
- NEW Express Yourself notes - find the right words for everyday situations
- NEW Wordfinder notes - look up meeting and find agenda, convene, chair
- Word Lists to learn the Oxford 3000 most important words, topic vocabulary, similar words, etc.
- Useful references including geographical names and irregular verbs