Business Development Director
- Strategize business development plan that grows market share and profitability of OUP business in the area of learning centre, digital and export; Provide timely and effective operational directives to grow market share and profitability based on acute understanding of market development, user needs and alignment with OUP China’s mission goals and business objectives;
- Collect market information and conduct analysis that facilitates product & services development and strategic decision making. Interpret research result and collective intelligence generated among editorial, sales, marketing, and other sources to formulate competitive strategies, design and proposal of winning products and services;
- Improve, innovate and explore new business models to capture new market opportunities and the changing needs of customers and partners;
- Oversee department budget and the implementation of the plan to achieve sales and strategic objectives. Project, recommend and manage budgets, resource acquisition and deployment plans to that the benefit from monetary and resource investments are optimized;
- Develop and maintain a healthy relationships with strategic partners (including but not limited to trainers, distributors, quality learning centres and importers) and sales channel that optimize sales opportunity and customer satisfaction;
- Steer talent development plan for the department. Coach and develop talents for current and future business needs.
- Degree holder in related disciplines;
- Minimum 15 years of senior management experience in sales, business development and/or marketing with proven success;
- Familiar with the education sector, consumer marketing, and also the publishing industry;
- An inspiring leader who can motivate, coach and direct subordinates from different background;
- A good communicator, negotiator, self-starter and team player with commercial sense;
- Good analytical skills and dynamic;
- Fluent in English, Cantonese, and Mandarin.